To register for the convention, select either "Individual" or "Family" registration. Below is a summary of the things you will get and be able to do when you register for the convention. (Please note that all the prices below are preliminary and subject to change.)
Registration for the convention entitles you to:
There are two types of registrations
- visit all the layouts scheduled for the convention
- attend the convention clinics
- access to the convention store
- access to vendor hall
- participation in the convention model contest
- The following items may be picked up at the registration desk located in the convention hotel at the time you arrive.
- Convention bag
- A convention badge (you will need this to gain admittance to the convention events and layouts).
- A commemorative convention pin.
- Tickets to all the optional events you have purchased
- Individual registration applies to a single person.
- Early - before 1 June 2019: $85
- After 1 June 2019: $100
- Family registration applies to your immediate family (up to four).
- Early - before 1 June 2019: $125
- After 1 June 2019: $145
- Daily registration: $35/day at the door only - you may purchase additional event tickets for events that occur on the day for which you register
Notice that early registration will include a discount of the regular price of the convention. Early registration will end on 1 June 2019.
Optional events and items include the following:
- Participation in an Operating Session (one of four) where you run a train yourself, picking up and delivering cargo cars at various locations around the layout using waybills, with a dispatcher coordinating the train movements: Free participation, but limited attendance.
- Participation in a Family Day Operation Session. In this session, you just run trains. There will be no waybills or dispatcher. Just have fun running the trains: Free participation, but limited attendance.
- Round-trip ride on the Willamette Shore Trolley to the Old Spaghetti Factory for dinner on Monday and Tuesday: $50 per person (seating limited to 35 persons per trip)
Response to this event has exceeded our expectations. We are working on adding a second trolley for both Monday and Tuesday nights. But for now, when you register for the convention, please indicate if you would like to be put on a waiting list for this event, should you want to attend it. If you have already registered, please email our Convention Registrar by clicking here to have you added to the waiting list. Thank you for your understanding and interest.
- Bus transportation to layouts: $30 per person per day
- BBQ: $55 per person
- Transportation to the BBQ:
- Included in the BBQ is a round-trip ride on a train pulled by the SP #4449 from the Oregon Rail Heritage Center to the BBQ at Oaks Park (Round-trip bus transportation between the hotel and the Center is also included.)
- Upgrade the SP #4449 ride to a one-way cab ride (only 18 available): $250 per person (includes the BBQ itself)
- Note: Non-ADA compliant; must climb stairs to board the train
- Ice Cream Social: $5 per person
- Convention Banquet: $60 per person
- Meal choices for the Banquet are:
- Smoked Tri-Tip: Chipotle Demi-Glace, Buttermilk Fried Walla Walla Onions with Cheddar & Chive Potato Cake, Seasonal Vegetables
- Crab Stuffed Salmon: Brie, Lemon Beurre Blanc, Bread Crumbs, Yukon Gold Potato Cake, Seasonal Vegetables
- Vegetable Wellington: Grilled Zucchini, Squash Peppers, Carrots, Onions, Fresh Chevre, Tamari, Roasted Tofu wrapped in Feuille de Brick over Harvest Rice and Red Pepper Coulis
- Staver Locomotive: Free
- Convention model car: $80 per car
The 2019 Convention car is a USA Trains 1:29 Union Pacific center beam flat car with 12 removable double-sided lumber loads. Loads have the convention logo on one side and RSG Forest Products, Inc. on the other so the car can either be a convention car or a prototype UP car with lumber loads from RSG Forest Products, Inc. These loads have been manufactured by the Rose City Garden Railway Society for this convention.Here's some views of the actual center beam flat cars loaded with RSG loads and waiting for pickup in Canby (just a few miles south of Portland, OR) for the Union Pacific main line.
- Mail the convention book to your address: $15 mailing fee
The registration process:
To register, click here for an "Individual" registration
, or here for a "Family" registration
- To pay on-line, click the "Pay on-line" button on the registration confirmation page. Accepted credit cards include Visa, MasterCard, American Express, and Discover.
- By using the "Invoice Me" button on the registration confirmation page, you will get an eMail with the invoice. Simply send in a check made payable to the "2019 NGRC". Please include a copy of the invoice, or at least the invoice number, to ensure your payment is properly accounted.
To make inquires regarding registering for the convention, or to make any changes to your registration, please send an email to the 2019 NGRC Registrar. The email address is: 2019NGRCregistrar@rcgrs.com